INDUSTRIAL FACILITY labor conditions compliance certification
LABORATORY INSTRUMENTAL MEASUREMENTS
Adverse work conditions might lead to development of occupational diseases and bad mood in employers. Laboratory measurements are performed in order to control safe occupational conditions on work places. Occupational conditions must be controlled on companies of all levels and types. Our company has tools and equipment which permits to perform a wide range of tests and measurements which are required to perform effectively and to comply with requirements of legislative and sanitary rules and norms.
During measurements, a range of factors which impact working process and employees’ well-being and a range of factors which might be a cause for failures and breakages on the enterprise should be taken into consideration.
Why laboratory measurements should be performed:
- to detect dangerous and noxious production factors
- to develop measures in order to improve working conditions
- to assess quality and quantity of noxious factors
- to stop manufacturing activities which present danger for life and health of employees
- to propose and to justify sum of benefits and compensations to be paid to workers for labor conditions falling below norms
We perform the following laboratory measurements:
- Level of hazardous and dangerous factors in the production environment:
- air speed
- concentration of harmful substances
- mass concentration of metals and their compounds
- dust concentration
- Air working area and industrial site:
- air temperature
- dust content
- air speed
- mass concentration of substances
- mass concentration of metals and their compounds
- Physical factors
- electrostatic fields
- quality of illumination
- Level of electromagnetic fields:
- level of static electricity
- level of intensity of electric fields
- level of electromagnetic radiation
- level of contact current
- Physiological parameters:
- assessment indicators for intensity and severity of labor process
- assessment of workplace safety
- assessment of comfortable environments on occupation places
- Noise level:
- sound pressure level
- energy equivalent sound level
Based on the gained data, a report is developed. The report is to be used for analysis of compliance of working conditions with requirements of laws, rules, and sanitary regulations. If inconsistency is detected, a plan of mitigation measures is composed or sum of benefits and compensations is calculated based on the report.
NONDISTRUCTIVE TESTING AND DIAGNOSTICS
Nondestructive testing is check of reliability, working capability and other features of object or its elements without de-installation and setting it offline. This is its main distinction from destructive testing, which temporarily interrupts the workflow.
Main types of nondestructive testing, which can be performed by our company, are:
- Control of welding joints and integrity of metal — visual and measurement tests, joint checks
- Vacuum checks — detection of through defects, i.e. cracks, flaws, etc.
- Ultrasound checks — detection of defects in weld joints, thickness metering
- Magnetic particle method — detection of surface and subsurface damages
- Capillary method — detection of through and surface defects
- Hardness testing — measuring of Vickers pyramid number, Rockwell and Brinell hardness
In Kazakhstan, nondestructive testing is a widely available technology, which assures safe and effective workflows on the company. Magnetic particle method and ultrasound method are the most frequently used ones. Radiation method is rarely used, but it permits checking larger thickness of metal objects, and materials which are prone to testing by other methods, for example, composite materials.
All methods of nondestructive testing have big possibilities and are important to test materials. Under the current legislation of Kazakhstan, the specialists who perform these tests must be attested. Such attestation is performed in order to affirm qualification of the personnel and authorize them to conduct tests. Qualification of our specialists is confirmed by multiple certificates.
TESTING FIRE STAIRS AND HANDRAILS
Any building, enterprise or facility has fire stairs and handrails on their roofs. Their integrity at any time is important for safety and life of people. It is they which provide firefighters access to distant levels in case of fire, and serve as evacuation routes for people inside the building. In order to confirm usability of fire stairs and handrails, they must be tested.
Tests are governed by the requirements of the Technical regulations on “General requirements for fire safety”. They are completed:
- once the building is cleared for service
- every five years in other cases
Checking of fire stairs and handrails is important for securing safety. Their constant maintenance is a mandatory condition. Tests and checks must be run by high qualified specialists. Our company has accreditation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with GOST requirements.
The building elements to be tested are the following:
- steps of stairs
- flight of stairs
- stair landing platform
- fixture of stairs to building
Timeliness is main criteria of tests. Fire stairs can save people’s life in case of emergency and ease access for rescue command to the danger site. Elements being tested must sustain rated loads and possess reliable fixtures. We pay special attention to quality of construction, presence of anti-corrosion coating, and lack of damages, cracks, and defects. We can test your handrails at any season. Once works are complete you’ll receive a protocol of tests and full report on status of stairs and handrails.
Safety harnesses must be tested periodically or during their commissioning. We perform:
- visual inspection of harnesses
- check of their dimensions
- check of their weight
- tests of harnesses in accordance with GOST requirements
High riggers, firefighters, rescuers, and industrial climbers, in short, everybody who use safety harnesses must be sure of their security. Under GOST requirements safety harnesses must be checked no lesser than once per a year.
The harness is checked for the first time at manufacturer. Next checks are performed at company which exploits them by certified specialists. Static and dynamic tests permit to reveal harness suitability for exploitation and to detect possible damages. At the same time, before each use, the harness is visually inspected for kipping movements of clevis and fastening rings and for rupture of slings.
We perform test and deliver reports on operation suitability or unsuitability of safety harnesses. Such tests allow you to sustain required level of on-site safety.